Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Embrace Today

Today I make a commitment. It's a commitment not just to myself, but to my wife and daughter. It's a commitment to throw negativity aside and embrace the joys of life. Negativity and complaint too often direct our daily attitudes. They then spread like a virus to others we spend time with. Do we really have it that bad? Is life really that distressing? Look hard and we'll find others in far worse situations. And while I'm not here to explain why bad things happen to good people or why life is, at times, so very difficult, I do know this: staying positive is the key to life. Whether a person of faith or not, if you embody a positive spirit, you're better off for it and you're living what God wants for you. So this is my commitment to see all that's good in life.

There will still be irritations and frustrations, for sure, but I commit today to look for the good. Below is a video of my 1-year-old daughter, Lydia, learning to walk. What a marvel it is to see this little girl take her first steps. Here's to you, Lydia, and to life. Carpe diem.

No comments: